Member details
Gebruikersnaam
Wachtwoord
 
Wachtwoord vergeten?
 

Forum > MADDY: POLICE QUIZ MAN OVER KIDNAP CLAIM

 
Carola

Carola

Daily Expresswww.express.co.uk/posts/view/11536/Madeleine:+Police+quiz+man+over+kidnap+claim

Thursday June 28,2007
By Padraic Flanagan
A SPANISH investigator who claims to know the identity of Madeleine McCann’s kidnapper yesterday handed his evidence to police in Portugal.

Antonio Toscano is certain the four-year-old girl was snatched by a French paedophile on orders from wealthy organisers of a European child sex network.

He arrived to meet Portuguese police as officers continued to sift through a mountain of alleged sightings across the world.

In Malta, where more than 30 reports of a girl resembling Madeleine have been made to police, officers continued to chase every lead to find out if the youngster was on the island.

Three fresh sightings were reported yesterday, with a girl like Madeleine seen in the capital Valletta, Sliema and St Julians – all prime tourist spots. CCTV footage of one sighting in Valletta proved negative after officers viewed the tape.


I am 100% certain that Madeleine is still in Europe, is alive and is being held by a French paedophile
Antonio Toscano


Increasing frustration by officers over delays in reporting the sightings prompted distraught parents Kate and Gerry McCann to urge holidaymakers and residents to contact police promptly.

Gerry McCann, 39, said: “We met with Portuguese and British police for an update.

“Both Kate and myself raised the question of what someone should do if they think they see Madeleine.


“The clear advice is to call the local police as soon as possible, or someone working in an official capacity such as hotel staff or tour representative.

“Please note that the emergency police numbers are variable in each country and for those going on holiday it might be a good idea to enter the number in your mobile phone.”

Cardiac consultant Mr McCann went on: “If there is a car involved please remember to record the registration number if possible.”

At the headquarters of the Portuguese police team leading the hunt for Madeleine, TV investigator Mr Toscano spent two hours giving officers his evidence.

His claims came to light three weeks ago but had until now prompted a lukewarm response from the Portuguese authorities, who asked him to provide evidence. Investigator Toscano, whose story was first published in Spain’s respected national daily El Mundo, also works as a private eye specialising in missing children cases. Last week he emailed the Portuguese authorities with the full name and a picture of the French paedophile he believes is behind the abduction.

He said Portuguese and Spanish police are working on tracking down the mystery man, a convicted paedophile said to use the alias “The Frenchman”.

Toscano added that he has also passed on the names and photographs of the paedophile’s associates who are known to be at large after serving jail sentences for child sex offences.

The 36-year-old investigator is “100 per cent certain” the Frenchman snatched Madeleine after travelling to the resort of Praia da Luz where she was on holiday with her family. He claims the Frenchman told an informant he was going to the Algarve to visit friends – only to disappear after the girl vanished.

Toscano said Portuguese officers were given all the information, including a full description and identity.

“I’m certain that Madeleine is still in Europe, perhaps even still in Portugal, that she is alive and is being held by this man. That is what I told the police,” he said.

“This man is a cold and meticulous criminal, he abducts children for money and hands them over to paedophile networks.”

“I was told the Frenchman was responsible for taking Madeleine through a tip-off from a very reliable source. Now police are going to check out this information and I intend to contact the McCanns and offer my help to the family and get this girl back.”


28 jun 2007, 21:03